Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag...(or mama does, actually!)

So I've posted before about Lisa from Pink Lemonade Boutique (why oh why can I not figure out how to make links on these posts???) I think she makes the most fabulous bags ever and she's totally inspired me to start making bags. Soooo...I tried to copy one of her bags last night. Don't worry, it's only for personal use! ;) Anyway, I love the way it turned out (even if it is a bit small for my liking). Oh, and check out her blog at www.pinklemonadeboutique.typepad.com, you can totally see how I pretty much copied her design. (And you can see all that yummy goodness she has posted there.) Copying is the most sincere form of flattery!





I LOVE this fabric. It's Nuala, by Jennifer Paganelli. Oh, and I didn't have any magnetic snaps so I ended up sewing in some ribbon to use as a closure. It'll work for now!

In other news, I'm busy making something for Monica and Maria. Remember those beautiful ribbons I posted awhile back that they made for me? Yeah, I never finished theirs so now I'm having to crank some stuff out. After we get together and I give it to them, I'll post pics here.

Ummm, have you ever felt like sleep just gets in the way of your crafting/sewing time? That's me right now. So much to do and so little time. And I'm totally putting off packing! lol

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I think you have found your niche! I cant believe how you can just throw these togehter and SO QUICKLY!!!
Love the color combo here!

Becky Bunn said...

Hi, very cute, love the colors.Turquoise is my favorite color. Thanks for stoppin by my site during the blogger party

Leenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous bags. I love the colors you used.

Linda from swap-bot

Erika Cass Designs said...

You did an awesome job! Love the color combo. Lisa makes great bags doesn't she! :o)